Laos is of one of the countries with lower confirmed cases of Covid-19. Laos is 237,000km2 with an approximate population of 7.2 million.
The Government has introduced green zones which includes the main tourist areas
Green Zones must have 70-80% of the population vaccinated.
Within Green Zones, 90-95% of service providers must be fully vaccinated.
As with many countries, a PCR test must be taken within 72hrs of arrival in Laos with another test being taken upon arrival.
Quarantine is currently 24hrs – please follow tis link for latest governmental updates
Namkhan ecolodge is set in 7 hectares of lush tropical gardens so naturally lends itself to social distancing. In navigating this new world, we are continually updating procedures and ensuring compliance as directed by LaoSafe. Please see our safety procedures below and if you would like to discuss any concerns or specifics, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to Departure
- Your accommodation confirmation will be sent by email.
- We have always recommended to purchase travel insurance with appropriate medical cover.
At the Airport
- All airport transfers are in our open tuk tuk. A private minivan can be requested for an additional fee.
- All vehicles are cleaned and properly sanitised after use.
- Drivers wear protective face masks throughout the ride.
- Check-in at Namkhan Ecolodge:
- A contactless temperature check and hand sanitiser combination machine is located in reception for all new check-in’s
- Enjoy easy and worry-free check-in process.
- Keys to all accommodation are sanitised prior to your check in
- Our staff has been trained in proper hygiene practice, safety and physical distancing as per latest guidelines from the governmental public health departments.
- All staff sign in for work and check temperatures prior to commencing their duties.
- All member of the team have been fully vaccinated and newly recruited staff are asked to provide proof of vaccination before being accepted for employment.
- If a staff member displays any COVID-19 symptoms, they will be asked to quarantine immediately.
- All staff will be wearing protective face masks.
- A contactless temperature check and hand sanitiser combination machine is located in reception for entrance and exit to the ecolodge. A second machine is located in the restaurant.
- All rooms are supplied with hand sanitiser which has a minimum alcohol content of 70%.
- All frequently touched surfaces are constantly cleaned and disinfected.
- All activities equipment is cleaned and sanitized between each use.
Around our Ecolodge
- All activities take place in a large open space
- Our ecolodge restaurant naturally reduces the risk of airborne transmission due to being located in the open air.
- A PCR test is available in reception should guests start to feel unwell
- Specific accommodation has been identified for isolation purposes.
- Our preferred medical clinic has internationally trained doc